翻看大学的英语笔记本时,发现里面夹了几张信纸,上面是我手抄的一篇文章,读读觉得真好,便百度了一下,才发现原来是一本书啊,但是自己一点也不记得曾经看过这本书了。
原文如下:
《你今天心情不好么》
Everybody has blue days.
每个人都有忧郁的日子。
These are miserable days when you feel lousy, grumpy, lonely, and utterly exhausted.
那些日子真是惨透了,你觉得心里乱糟糟的、怨气丛生、寂寞,整个人彻底的精疲力竭。
Days when you feel small and insignificant, when everything seems just out of reach.
那些日子总会让你感到自己的渺小和微不足道,每件事似乎都够不着边。
You can't rise to the occasion.
你根本无法振作起来。
Just getting started seems impossible.
根本没有力气重新开始。
On blue days you can become paranoid that everyone is out to get you.
(This is not always such a bad thing.)
在忧郁的日子里,你可能变成偏执狂,觉得每个人都想要吃定你。(其实情况并不总是那么糟。)
You feel frustrated and anxious, which can induce a nail-biting frenzy that can escalate into a triple-chocolate-mud-cake-eating frenzy in a blink of an eye!
你感到灰心、焦虑,可能开始神经质地拼命咬指甲,然后不可救药地陷入一眨眼吃掉三大块巧克力蛋糕的疯狂!
On blue days you feel like you're floating in an ocean of sadness.
在忧郁的日子里,你会觉得自己在悲伤的海里沉沉浮浮。
You're about to burst into tears at any moment and you don't even know why.
不论在什么时候,你总有种想哭的冲动,却不知道为了什么。
Ultimately,you feel like you're wandering through life without purpose.
然后,你觉得自己犹如行尸走肉,失去生活目标。
You're not sure how much longer you can hang on, and you feel like shouting,"Will someone please shoot me!"
你不知道自己还可以撑多久,然后你想大喊一声:“谁来一枪把我打死吧!”
It doesn't take much to bring on a blue day.
其实一点小事就让你一天都郁郁难当。
You might just wake up not feeling or looking your best, find some new wrinkles, put on a little weight, or get a huge pimple on your nose.
也许只是一觉醒来,没感觉到或者看到自己最棒的一面,发现自己又多了几条皱纹,又重了几斤,或是鼻子上冒出了一个大包。
You could forget your date's name or have an embarrassing photograph pubilshed.
你可能忘记了约会对象的名字或是有张可笑的照片被登出来。
You might get dumped, divorced, or fired, make a fool of yourself in public, be afflicted with a demeaning nickname, or just have a plain old bad-hair day.
你或许被人抛弃了、离了婚,或是被开除,当众出丑,被刻薄的绰号弄得心乱如麻,或许只因为你得整天顶着一个奇丑无比的发型。
Maybe wrok is a pain in the butt.
也许工作让你痛苦得如坐针毡。
You're under major pressure to fill someone else's shoes, your boss is picking on you, and everyone in the office is driving you crazy.
你在强大的压力下顶替他人的位置,你的老板对你百般挑剔,办公室的每一个人都让你发疯。
You might have a splitting headache, or a slipped disk, badbreath, atoothache, chronic gas, dry lips, or a nasty ingrown toenail.你可能会头疼欲裂,或重心不稳跌个正着,口臭,牙痛,不停放屁,口干舌燥,或是指甲长到肉里头了。
Whatever the reason, you're convinced that someone up there doesn't like you.
不管什么原因,你确定有人不喜欢你。
Oh what to do, what to doo?
唉,该怎么办,到底该怎么办呢?
Well, if you're like most people, you'll hide behind a flimsy belief that everything will sort itself out.
嗯,你可能跟大部分人一样,随便找个东西躲起来,以为事情会自行解决。
Then you'll spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder, waiting for everything to go wrong all over again.
结果你得花掉下半辈子的时间回头看,等着一次又一次重蹈覆辙。
All the while becoming crusty and cynical or a pathetic, sniveling victim.
最后你会变成一个易怒的、愤世嫉俗的,或者是一个可怜兮兮的、哭哭啼啼的受害者。
Until you get so depressed that you lie down and beg the earth to swallow you up, or, even worse, become addicted to Billy Joel songs.
最终你绝望地躺在地上,祈求地球将你吞没,或是沉迷在比利乔的蓝调音乐中不能自拔。
This is crazy, because you're only young once and you're never old twice.
这的确很愚蠢,因为你只能年轻一次,而且绝不可能老两次。
Who knows what fantastic things are in store just around the corner?
谁会料到有什么奇妙的事情在拐角处等着你?
After all, the world is full of amazing discoveries, things you can't even imagine now.
毕竟,这个世界充满着值得去探险挖掘的事,一些完全超乎你想象的事。
These are delicious, happy sniffs and scrumptious snacks to share.
有着妙不可言、令人心醉神迷的香气,以及美味无比的点心与你分享。
Hey, you might end up fabulously rich or even become a huge superstar(one day).
嘿,你最后可能会非常富有,甚至某天会成为一个超级巨星。
Sounds good, doesn't it?
听起来很不错,不是吗?
But wait, there's more!
等一下,还有呢!
There are handstands and games to play and yoga and karaoke and wild, crazy, bohemian dancing.
还有倒立和游戏可以玩,还有瑜伽、卡拉OK,以及狂野、激情四溢、放荡不羁的舞蹈。
But best of all, there's romance.
但最棒的莫过于,爱情。
Which means long dreamy stares, whispering sweet nothings, cuddles, smooches, more smooches, and even more smooches, a frisky love bite or two, and then, well, anything goes.
那意味着如梦似幻的长久凝视,在耳边甜言蜜语,拥抱、拥吻,更多的拥吻,还有更多的拥吻,一个充满爱意的调皮的咬痕,或是两个,然后,嗯,什么事都会发生。
So how can you find that blissful "just sliding into a hot bubble bath" kind of feeling?
你如何才能找到“仿佛滑入一个温暖的泡泡浴池”那种幸福的感觉呢?
It's easy.
其实很简单。
Frist, stop slinking away from all those nagging issues. It's time to face the music.
首先,停止逃避那些纷纷扰扰的纠纷,该是勇敢面对问题的时候了。
Now, just relax. Take some deep breaths (in through the nose and out through the mouth). Try to meditate if you can.
现在,稍稍地放松心情。深呼吸,(从鼻子吸气,从嘴里呼气)试着沉思冥想,如果可以的话。
Or go for a walk to clear your head.
或是出去散散步,让头脑清醒一下。
Accept the fact that you'll have to let go of some emotional baggage.
接受既成事实,放下情绪包袱。
Try seeing things from a different perspective.
试着从不同的角度看问题。
Maybe you're actually the one at fault. If that's the case, be big enough to say you're sorry (it's never too late to do this).
也许你本身就是问题的症结所在。如果事实如此,大大方方地去说声抱歉(做这种事情永远不嫌晚)。
If someone else is doing the wrong thing, stand up tall and say, "That's not right and I won't stand for it!" It's okay to be forceful.
如果是别人做的不对,勇敢地站出来大声说:“那是错误的,我绝对不支持这件事!”强硬一点没有什么不好。
(It's rarely okay to blow raspberries.)
适时地发出嘘声的确是蛮不错的。
Be proud of who you are, but don't lose the ability to laugh at yourself.
为自己感到骄傲,但是别忘了适当的自嘲。
(This is a lot easier when you associate with positive people.)
和心态明朗的人交往真是轻松多了。
Live every day as if it were your last, because one day it will be.
把每一天过得就像是生命中的最后一天,因为它总有一天会来到。
Don't be afriaid to bite off more than you can chew.
别害怕去尝试仿佛超过能力所及的事情。
Take big risks.
敢于冒巨大的风险。
Never hang back. Get out there and go for it.
不要畏缩不前,走出去,大胆尝试。
After all, isn't that what life is all about?
毕竟,生命的价值不就是如此吗?
I think so too.
我也是这样想的。
这本书可能是史上文字数最少的书籍之一了吧,它每一页由一张动物的图片及一句话构成,虽短小却言简意赅。
心情不好的原因各种各样,小到对今天我穿的衣服我的妆容不甚满意,大到亲友过世未来不知在哪里,总结一下书中提及的应对方法,如下。
1.深呼吸、冥想、出去散步,或者选择其他方法,察觉出自己的负面情绪,不沉溺于其中。
2.接受已经发生的不可逆转的事实,不给事实下定义。举一个小例子,朋友今天说了一句话,不要去想“她是不是对我有意见”,这是你自己的猜测,而不是事实。
3.尝试从他人角度看待问题,而不主观臆测。别人说话、做事都有立场问题,真的不是针对你。
4.如果我做错了一件事,大大方方去道歉,而不在心里内疚、自责、担心别人对我的看法,对自己身心不好又解决不了问题。
5.如果造成心情不好的原因的事情错误在他人,嘿,那是他的错,不要拿来惩罚自己,影响自己的心情。
6.要有自信同时也要有自知之明。
7.和心态明朗的人交往,别把自己陷进别人的一团糟里。
8.如果今天是你生命中的最后一天,你还会在乎现在让你心情不好的事情吗?嗨嗨嗨,躁起来!
9.敢于冒风险,去尝试貌似超出自己能力范围之外的事情,不要畏缩不前,毕竟,生命只有一次,要做自己想做的事。
本站以现代、古代情诗为主,情诗网创办于2013年,以原创爱情诗歌、经典情诗、现代情诗、古代情诗、英文情诗、情诗绝句为主并收集古诗、古诗词、诗歌大全、诗词名句的文学门户。方便您下次继续阅读;可以放在浏览器的收藏夹中(快捷键Ctrl+D);或者看到喜欢或者有趣的诗词可以通过分享按钮给你的好友分享;情诗网是目前最全情诗大全网站之一。并欢迎广大诗歌爱好者阅览投稿!喜欢本站的话请大家把本站告诉给你朋友哦!地址是 www.qingshiwang.com !